I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Cars trucks, motorcycles etc.
User avatar
PSYCHoHoLiC
Posts: 3699
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 am
Favorite Game: Team Fortress 2
Location: United States Socialist Republic

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by PSYCHoHoLiC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

lmao

You can keep the win :gg:
w0rM wrote:
PSYCHoHoLiC wrote:Done, and Done.

Still not caught up :P
It's not too late! You only need one more for the tie! lol
Image
=|8700k@5ghz|Asus Maximus X Hero|EVGA 1080Ti|16GB FlareX|Intel Optane SSD 900P + 1TB 960 EVO|=

User avatar
Furball
Posts: 7350
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 pm
Favorite Game: Right now? Overwatch!
Location: Cascadia

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by Furball » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:47 pm

No worries w0rMy, I was talking more like Mary's brothers and my buds at work I know you guys get me.
=||MSI Gaming M7|i5-6600k|EVGA 980Ti SC+|16GB Corsair 3000Mz|512GB Samsung 950 Pro|WD 1TB|EVGA SuperNova 850 gold||=

User avatar
w0rM
Site Admin
Posts: 5072
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm
Xbox Live: w0rM 9
Playstation ID: w0nderw0rm
Location: Little Rock AR
Contact:

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by w0rM » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:00 am

PSYCHoHoLiC wrote:lmao

You can keep the win :gg:
lol
~w0rM
Blog | GameSpot Profile | My Game Collection | My Game Achievements | Xbox Live Profile

GAMER PC |i7 6700k @ 4.7 GHz|MSI Gaming M5|Asus GTX 980 OC|16GB Corsair Vengence|Samsung 830 128GB SSD|Crucial 256GB SSD|WD Black 1TB|WD Black 5TB|Dell 34" Ultrawide|

GAME SYSTEMS |Xbox One|PS4|Xbox 360|PS3|Switch|3DS XL|Wii|

User avatar
BadThad
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: The Interwebs

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by BadThad » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Congrats wormy! That's a nice little SUV. No doubt that Lexus' hold their value. I've been watching the IS350 for many years and I still can't afford one. I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out but it never does. No matter, I'm on the debt elimination plan for at least another year. My goal is to only have a mortgage payment!

Dave Ramsey would have a stroke if he talked to you! LMAO Last night he was saying: "Would you rather have a bunch of stuff and debt or be debt-free with a million dollars in the bank?". My personal goal is the latter but my wife will never let that happen. LOL
a.k.a HyPeR - a.k.a ItchY!
NEW SKOOL PC OWNZ j00 f00
Asus Z97-Pro i7 4770k @4.1GHz, Nactua NH-U14S cooler, 16GB GSkill PC1600 RAM, MSI AMD RX-480 OC, Samsung EVO 750GB SSD, WDC 1TB Enterprise-class 64MB cache HDD, Crucial M4 SSD, Samsung 64GB SSD, Seasonic SSR-650RM 650W GOLD Cert PS, Win8.1-64 Pro

User avatar
w0rM
Site Admin
Posts: 5072
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm
Xbox Live: w0rM 9
Playstation ID: w0nderw0rm
Location: Little Rock AR
Contact:

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by w0rM » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Dave Ramsey is an idiot. If everyone lived like he suggested, we'd all die with a million dollars in the bank and live in cardboard boxes.

My grandfather on my dad's side was dead at 46. My dad died at 47. My grand father on my mom's side lived working towards zero debt and he died before he got to enjoy any of it.

Manage your debt and keep a handle on it. I owe for the cars and the house but that's pretty much it. I know down to the penny what I'm paying in interest at all times and it ain't much if you don't count the mortgage.

Even with two car loans, I'll pay less than $2000 in interest over the next 6 years. That's not even one paycheck spread over more than half a decade. Not a bad investment to enjoy life the way I want.

My credit cards are all back to zero after paying for a wedding, a honeymoon and a move this year.

Don't piss away your youth on the zero debt crap. Enjoy yourself while you're still young enough to. It's either that or be the richest debt free guy in the old folks home.
~w0rM
Blog | GameSpot Profile | My Game Collection | My Game Achievements | Xbox Live Profile

GAMER PC |i7 6700k @ 4.7 GHz|MSI Gaming M5|Asus GTX 980 OC|16GB Corsair Vengence|Samsung 830 128GB SSD|Crucial 256GB SSD|WD Black 1TB|WD Black 5TB|Dell 34" Ultrawide|

GAME SYSTEMS |Xbox One|PS4|Xbox 360|PS3|Switch|3DS XL|Wii|

User avatar
BuRny
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:41 am

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by BuRny » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:12 pm

I can't believe how you guys go through cars like candy.......I've had the same stupid truck since 2004 and I just couldn't afford anything new. Shit, I can't even afford the toyota tacoma USED at this point. It's ridiculous how much vehicles are now. I have a new 2016 Tacoma I drive for work and it's about as basic as you can get and still cost about $25,000! And now that I drive a new Tacoma and see how cheaply made they are I would NOT buy a new one of those for sure.

I really want a new truck(even used would work) but I just don't want the payments. Nor could I afford $500+ per month!
“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

User avatar
BadThad
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: The Interwebs

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by BadThad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:24 pm

w0rM wrote:Dave Ramsey is an idiot. If everyone lived like he suggested, we'd all die with a million dollars in the bank and live in cardboard boxes.

My grandfather on my dad's side was dead at 46. My dad died at 47. My grand father on my mom's side lived working towards zero debt and he died before he got to enjoy any of it.

Manage your debt and keep a handle on it. I owe for the cars and the house but that's pretty much it. I know down to the penny what I'm paying in interest at all times and it ain't much if you don't count the mortgage.

Even with two car loans, I'll pay less than $2000 in interest over the next 6 years. That's not even one paycheck spread over more than half a decade. Not a bad investment to enjoy life the way I want.

My credit cards are all back to zero after paying for a wedding, a honeymoon and a move this year.

Don't piss away your youth on the zero debt crap. Enjoy yourself while you're still young enough to. It's either that or be the richest debt free guy in the old folks home.
LOLOLOL

I agree he's a bit harsh...but he does make some valid points. I'm not trying to follow his plan exactly but using my hybrid version. And, hell, I'm 53 years old...I've lived well, bought shit and traveled already. The retirement phase of my life is CLOSE and I don't want to be working until I drop. I figure I have 12 years of working left and I can't retire mired in debt. At this point in my life, I'd rather have a stack of cash than "stuff". :)
a.k.a HyPeR - a.k.a ItchY!
NEW SKOOL PC OWNZ j00 f00
Asus Z97-Pro i7 4770k @4.1GHz, Nactua NH-U14S cooler, 16GB GSkill PC1600 RAM, MSI AMD RX-480 OC, Samsung EVO 750GB SSD, WDC 1TB Enterprise-class 64MB cache HDD, Crucial M4 SSD, Samsung 64GB SSD, Seasonic SSR-650RM 650W GOLD Cert PS, Win8.1-64 Pro

User avatar
BadThad
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: The Interwebs

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by BadThad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

BuRny wrote:I can't believe how you guys go through cars like candy.......I've had the same stupid truck since 2004 and I just couldn't afford anything new. Shit, I can't even afford the toyota tacoma USED at this point. It's ridiculous how much vehicles are now. I have a new 2016 Tacoma I drive for work and it's about as basic as you can get and still cost about $25,000! And now that I drive a new Tacoma and see how cheaply made they are I would NOT buy a new one of those for sure.

I really want a new truck(even used would work) but I just don't want the payments. Nor could I afford $500+ per month!
My wife is still driving our 2006 Maxima that we bought new. Worm and Psych have both ridden in this car and I still have it! It's definitely the LAST new car I'll ever buy because I can't stand depreciation. I paid $27k + interest to drive the Maxima and today it's worth about $6k. My last new car I paid $15k+ interest for in 1987 and I sold it for $5k just 5 years later. Right there is over $30k I threw down the drain.

Fast forward to today, where I'm a lot wiser. My 2006 Explorer Limited was $46k new, I bought it 4 years ago for $14k. I image the dealer probably picked it up as a trade for $10-11k. The guy that bought it new lost $36k in 6 years! OUCH! So, my philosophy today is to let someone else take the biggest depreciation hit over the first few years and then I'll come along and get a bargain. :D
a.k.a HyPeR - a.k.a ItchY!
NEW SKOOL PC OWNZ j00 f00
Asus Z97-Pro i7 4770k @4.1GHz, Nactua NH-U14S cooler, 16GB GSkill PC1600 RAM, MSI AMD RX-480 OC, Samsung EVO 750GB SSD, WDC 1TB Enterprise-class 64MB cache HDD, Crucial M4 SSD, Samsung 64GB SSD, Seasonic SSR-650RM 650W GOLD Cert PS, Win8.1-64 Pro

User avatar
w0rM
Site Admin
Posts: 5072
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm
Xbox Live: w0rM 9
Playstation ID: w0nderw0rm
Location: Little Rock AR
Contact:

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by w0rM » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:49 am

BadThad wrote:
w0rM wrote:Dave Ramsey is an idiot. If everyone lived like he suggested, we'd all die with a million dollars in the bank and live in cardboard boxes.

My grandfather on my dad's side was dead at 46. My dad died at 47. My grand father on my mom's side lived working towards zero debt and he died before he got to enjoy any of it.

Manage your debt and keep a handle on it. I owe for the cars and the house but that's pretty much it. I know down to the penny what I'm paying in interest at all times and it ain't much if you don't count the mortgage.

Even with two car loans, I'll pay less than $2000 in interest over the next 6 years. That's not even one paycheck spread over more than half a decade. Not a bad investment to enjoy life the way I want.

My credit cards are all back to zero after paying for a wedding, a honeymoon and a move this year.

Don't piss away your youth on the zero debt crap. Enjoy yourself while you're still young enough to. It's either that or be the richest debt free guy in the old folks home.
LOLOLOL

I agree he's a bit harsh...but he does make some valid points. I'm not trying to follow his plan exactly but using my hybrid version. And, hell, I'm 53 years old...I've lived well, bought shit and traveled already. The retirement phase of my life is CLOSE and I don't want to be working until I drop. I figure I have 12 years of working left and I can't retire mired in debt. At this point in my life, I'd rather have a stack of cash than "stuff". :)
!like
~w0rM
Blog | GameSpot Profile | My Game Collection | My Game Achievements | Xbox Live Profile

GAMER PC |i7 6700k @ 4.7 GHz|MSI Gaming M5|Asus GTX 980 OC|16GB Corsair Vengence|Samsung 830 128GB SSD|Crucial 256GB SSD|WD Black 1TB|WD Black 5TB|Dell 34" Ultrawide|

GAME SYSTEMS |Xbox One|PS4|Xbox 360|PS3|Switch|3DS XL|Wii|

User avatar
BuRny
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 10:41 am

Re: I'm w0rM and I'm a Caroholic

Post by BuRny » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 pm

I think once my son graduates in 2018 things will be a lot different. I seem to constantly give him money. The fucking lease options are just insane.....he leases a 1 bedroom in a 4 bedroom townhouse on Irvine campus and it's $925/mo. Now mind you that I refinanced last year, I have a 2200 sq.ft. house on 3/4th acre and I pay $715/mo. LOL :shock:

The good thing is that the grants pay for most of it, but leaves nothing for books, food, necessities like ass wipes, etc.

We just did a home equity loan that's almost finished processing. Took out $35,000 to pay off all of the credit cards & my personal loan and will only cost me $280/mo. That's gonna save me about $1000/mo. in credit card payments/loan payments.

And I just passed my year evaluation so I got a little raise but nothing to write home about....BUT my supervisor is retiring in 1 month and I've put in for her position and that would give me about a $4/hr raise.

And in March I get a retention pay bonus of $5,000....I'm either going to buy a GSXR-600 used, or a new computer....and yes I bought a new computer in March this year but I must say I am totally NOT IMPRESSED by Alienware computers. At least not the X51 I got. I honestly think that a mini tower is not the way to go as it just doesn't get enough air flow...not to mention that I ABSOLUTELY HATE WINDOWS 10!!! Not that I can do anything about it as all new computers come with it. My son needs a new computer(he got my old Dell that's about 6 yrs old) so I think that giving him this one would really make his day!

If all goes well things will be a lot smoother, less stressful for me and I'm so looking forward to it!
“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Post Reply