Just Cause 2

Topics related to all Just Cause games
Furball
Favorite Game: Right now? Overwatch!

Just Cause 2

Post by Furball » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 am

This is such a great game. I wish there was a multi-player.... me and Pez will be playing and talking on TS about what we're doing, and we both know the spot but can't meet up there. But still, it's just amazing. I was kinda worried it would be another 'Batman' which had great reviews but just didn't do it for me. I like that this one is so wide open and you can just roam around and get into trouble. I'm int blowing stuff up, yo.

I got a question... you're fighting it out somewhere and the game sends in a heli for bad-guy air support and it starts kicking the crap out of you... so you use your grappling hook to get under it and you're hanging there.... then what? How can you take the heli? Can you somehow get into it and kick out the pilot? The only thing I've found that I can do is just drop back down, which is no help at all.

I drove a fire engine off a cliff yesterday. Wish you coulda been there, it was awesome. :D
=||MSI Gaming M7|i5-6600k|EVGA 980Ti SC+|16GB Corsair 3000Mz|512GB Samsung 950 Pro|WD 1TB|EVGA SuperNova 850 gold||=

w0rM
Site Admin
Xbox Live: w0rM 9
Playstation ID: w0nderw0rm

Re: Just Cause 2

Post by w0rM » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 am

Hell yes! JC2 is an awesome game. I'm almost at 81% completion now!

If there are two guys in the heli, you have to kind of get swinging and then hit the Q key I think. It's not an exact science. You gotta just hit the keys until it swings you up. Then you shoot the guy that is hanging out of the side. Once he's dead, you can hit E to take over the heli from the pilot.

If there's just one guy flying the heli, just hit E once you're grappled on. This method works with all the other military driven vehicles too.

Other things to look for in the game...

The beached whale (if you find him, try blowing him up)
The bubble gun
The hatch from the TV show Lost
The fake shark fin
Banana Fail
The I Am Legend reference
Mount Rushmore
~w0rM
Blog | GameSpot Profile | My Game Collection | My Game Achievements | Xbox Live Profile

GAMER PC |i7 6700k @ 4.7 GHz|MSI Gaming M5|Asus GTX 980 OC|16GB Corsair Vengence|Samsung 830 128GB SSD|Crucial 256GB SSD|WD Black 1TB|WD Black 5TB|Dell 34" Ultrawide|

GAME SYSTEMS |Xbox One|PS4|Xbox 360|PS3|Switch|3DS XL|Wii|

BuRny

Post by BuRny » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Furball wrote:This is such a great game. I wish there was a multi-player.... me and Pez will be playing and talking on TS about what we're doing, and we both know the spot but can't meet up there. But still, it's just amazing. I was kinda worried it would be another 'Batman' which had great reviews but just didn't do it for me. I like that this one is so wide open and you can just roam around and get into trouble. I'm int blowing stuff up, yo.

I got a question... you're fighting it out somewhere and the game sends in a heli for bad-guy air support and it starts kicking the crap out of you... so you use your grappling hook to get under it and you're hanging there.... then what? How can you take the heli? Can you somehow get into it and kick out the pilot? The only thing I've found that I can do is just drop back down, which is no help at all.

I drove a fire engine off a cliff yesterday. Wish you coulda been there, it was awesome. :D
Hook a barrel onto your vehicle then drive down the road, and then try to watch how many people you take out with it! Or hell, hook a soldier to your vehicle, then take off, much funner! Now I wanna say you press your enter/use key to get into the heli to shoot the passenger. but w0rMy might be right with the E button....
“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Furball

Post by Furball » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 pm

w0rM wrote:Other things to look for in the game...

The beached whale (if you find him, try blowing him up)
The bubble gun
The hatch from the TV show Lost
The fake shark fin
Banana Fail
The I Am Legend reference
Mount Rushmore
Oh man, I can't wait to find some of these... :D
=||MSI Gaming M7|i5-6600k|EVGA 980Ti SC+|16GB Corsair 3000Mz|512GB Samsung 950 Pro|WD 1TB|EVGA SuperNova 850 gold||=

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:27 pm

I am seriously ammo/explosives/weapons deficient. Is there a hack for that? :P

5ouL
Favorite Game: nfs world

Post by 5ouL » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 am

doesnt this depend on which skill-level you use ? :P

w0rM
Site Admin
Xbox Live: w0rM 9
Playstation ID: w0nderw0rm

Post by w0rM » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:46 am

PEZ wrote:I am seriously ammo/explosives/weapons deficient. Is there a hack for that? :P
Just try to pick up as many weapons and ammo from the guys you kill as possible. Also, upgrading your weapons can help a lot too. Better weapons kill faster and use less ammo. Plus, the upgrades allow you to carry more ammo for the weapon you upgrade.

You can upgrade by calling in your black market guy and selecting the equipment menu. Then choose a weapon from the left side by clicking on it. Then you'll see an upgrade button at the bottom of the screen.
~w0rM
Blog | GameSpot Profile | My Game Collection | My Game Achievements | Xbox Live Profile

GAMER PC |i7 6700k @ 4.7 GHz|MSI Gaming M5|Asus GTX 980 OC|16GB Corsair Vengence|Samsung 830 128GB SSD|Crucial 256GB SSD|WD Black 1TB|WD Black 5TB|Dell 34" Ultrawide|

GAME SYSTEMS |Xbox One|PS4|Xbox 360|PS3|Switch|3DS XL|Wii|

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 am

Even though I have an assault rifle, it isn't unlocked so no way to upgrade it. Too bad you can't buy ammo. wish there was a god mode.

BuRny

Post by BuRny » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 am

you buy the gun again and it fills the ammo up. :D and yeah w0rMy is definetly right, upgrade the weapons first, they kick ass & much more ammo. I also upgraded the nades/explosives cuz they have BIG boom & can take out bigger objects when they are upgraded. And I think you can have a total of like 12-15 fully upgraded. Oh and I upgraded the little chopper to have rockets! eh all this talk and I'm ready to play :D
“When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila”

Furball

Post by Furball » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:48 am

So, once you upgrade the weapon they stay upgraded? That's cool... I thought they were just upgraded for that one until you drop it and then you have to upgrade it again when you buy it again.