End of the Line Trailer

All topics related to Valve's Team Fortress 2
Furball
Favorite Game: Right now? Overwatch!

End of the Line Trailer

Post by Furball » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Information is scarce about End of the Line, except that the full short will be eight minutes long and that it’ll be out by the end of the year.

=||MSI Gaming M7|i5-6600k|EVGA 980Ti SC+|16GB Corsair 3000Mz|512GB Samsung 950 Pro|WD 1TB|EVGA SuperNova 850 gold||=

Furball
Favorite Game: Right now? Overwatch!

Re: End of the Line Trailer

Post by Furball » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm

RPS: Valve have spoken to you about the possibility of End of the Line being an official update, with supporting content. What would that look like? New maps or modes around the short?

This is the question we’re asking ourselves and trying to figure out on a daily basis. We’re currently experimenting with prototypes on the side of the video production and keeping an eye on the steam workshop to see what people are making.

RPS: Would you and your team be building those maps and that extra content, or are you working with Valve’s team to see what’s possible?

With this being a potential community made update Valve have given us the freedom to make what we feel the public is looking for.

RPS: Valve are always keen to support modders through the Workshop, but there’s no way yet to sell SFM shorts…

Who knows what the future holds with regards to Valve and how they distribute the community content. They’ve done a great job of it so far and I would love to see something along those lines. It would encourage more high end video content, which is always good. It’s hard to say if I would do this full-time. Again, I’m in it for the fresh experiences and learnable skills. My current plan is to go back to game development after this, and potentially even starting my own game production. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

RPS: Do you have a release date in mind?

I originally stated the end of the year as a target for release, but I wasn’t expecting to be developing it into an update at the time. With that in mind, we’re probably looking at a little while longer.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11 ... -the-line/
=||MSI Gaming M7|i5-6600k|EVGA 980Ti SC+|16GB Corsair 3000Mz|512GB Samsung 950 Pro|WD 1TB|EVGA SuperNova 850 gold||=